Monday, January 15, 2007

How It All Started

I knew that one day I had to tell my story. For many years I concealed the truth of my upbringing and especially my fathers life.
When my children started asking questions about my life and my parents, I decided to break the wall of silence, with which I surrounded my self and to tell them the truth about me.
I realized that I finally had to explore the relationship with my father and how it was overshadowed by the Holocaust.
Our unresolved conflict and his denial motivated me to search for answers and I found them within me and my acquired faith.
Against all odds, change is possible. This is my story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I listened to your interview today, April 30th, on "Topical Currents" on WLRN and was extremely moved. Your story is compelling, educational and indeed topical. Thank you.

Bernd Wollschlaeger,MD,FAAFP,FASAM said...

Thanks for your kind words and stay tuned for the upcoming book release scheduled for mid to end June 2007.